DWSIM - Open Source Process Simulator Announced Their Ubuntu Version DWSIM New Version Now Runs on Raspberry Pi 2/3 Devices
DWSIM is an open source, CAPE-OPEN compliant chemical process simulator for Windows, Linux and macOS systems. Written in VB.NET and C#, DWSIM features a comprehensive set of unit operations, advanced thermodynamic models, support for reacting systems, petroleum characterization tools and a fully-featured graphical interface.
- VLE, VLLE and SLE calculations using Equation of State, Activity Coefficient and Chao-Seader models,
- Parallel multicore CPU and GPU (CUDA/OpenCL) calculation engine,
- Supports CAPE-OPEN Unit Operations and Thermo 1.0/1.1 Property Packages,
- Exposes Property Packages as CAPE-OPEN 1.1 Thermodynamic Equilibrium and Property Calculators,
- Includes IronPython CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation,
- Supports ChemSep's Component Database and Column Model,
- Process Flowsheet Diagram (PFD) Drawing Interface,
- Rigorous Distillation/Absorption Column models,
- Support for Chemical Reactions and Reactors,
- Characterization of Petroleum Fractions using bulk properties and/or ASTM/TBP, distillation curves and creation of Hypothetical Components using UNIFAC groups,
- Multivariate Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis utility,
- Extensible through IronPython and Lua Scripts and Plugins,
- Binary VLE/LLE/SLE Data Regression utility,
- Excel Interface for Thermodynamic Calculations,
- Standalone Thermodynamics Library,
- Component Creator Utility for user defined components.
All DWSIM versions are available for download at DWSIM website.